Many people see conflict as a negative experience. In fact, conflict is a necessary part of our personal growth and development. Think of when you were trying to choose your major in college, for example, or trying to decide between two jobs.
However, conflict becomes an issue when the people involved cannot work through it. They become engaged in a battle that does not result in growth. When this type of conflict arises, negative energy can result, causing hurt feelings and damaged relationships.
- What conflict is and how it can escalate.
- The types of conflict and the stages of conflict.
- The five most common conflict resolution styles and when to use them.
- How to increase positive information flow through non-verbal and verbal communication skills.
- Effective techniques for intervention strategies.
- Ways to manage conflicts to enhance productivity and performance