This content is for people who are new supervisors or who are interested in a supervisory position, as well as those who are team leads or part-time supervisors without a great deal of authority.
This content is designed to help participants overcome many of the supervisory problems that they will encounter as a workplace leader. Dealing with the problems that a new supervisor encounters isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to lead to discouragement.
- Adjust to the supervisor’s role with confidence.
- Develop their skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback to employees.
- Identify key attitudes that they can develop to enhance their supervisory skills.
- Use time management and planning techniques to maximise their success.
- Develop a technique for giving instructions that are clear and understood.
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so they are seen as fair and consistent.